Monday, April 7, 2008

Conference Weekend Feelings

We received yet another confirmation from the spirit of the truthfulness of the church. Thomas S. Monson was sustained as Prophet, Seer and Revelator by each quorum starting with the Quorum of the 12 Apostles to the Young Women of the church. What an awesome feeling. It gives me great comfort to know that God still communicates to us through a living prophet. Isn't it great to think that the same church that was established by Jesus in biblical times is still on the earth in these latter days?

My kids are such a bright spot in my life. It was so touching to see Andon stand and raise his arm to sustain the prophet. Yeah he probably didn't know fully what was going on but its just his desire and his ability to learn is so important. It makes me want to be like him in this way. To be like a child is to be teachable or humble. He is such a great son. I love him so much. I cant forget my little girl Ava and my beautiful Brittney. I love them too.

Every time I hear General Conference it reminds me of the purpose of this life and what I must do to achieve living with God and my family forever. It always reminds me to get back to the basics. Well, the church is true. The Gospel is real.

2 comments:

bundy family said...

Hey Britt- I just noticed your blog from Dessaraes. I hope you dont mind. Your kids are beautiful!

My blog is set on private but if you'll email me your address Ill invite you. Its meg.bundy@gmail.com.

PS. this is megan (lybbert) bundy by the way......that might be helpful.

Unknown said...

Hey Britt & Adam, how did I not know you had a blog and how is it that I had to find out from mom? Oh wait thats right it is because you never call me anymore britt. Or when I call you you never answer ahhh yes that is it. I love your Blog it is way cute. Love you guys and miss you so much!