Thursday, April 17, 2008

Whats a mom to do

So the question of the night is how do you get a kid to go to bed when all of his excuses are so cute that you just want to squeeze him.
Yes so tonight I put Andon & Ava to bed or so i thought but when i heard that gut wrenching sound of the door screaching open my heart pounded and my mind just kept saying stay cool
Andon walked it and said mom i can't lay on my bed my tummy hurts and i need to rest i informed him that he could rest on his bed he then began to tell me that he can't rest because Ava is keeping him up ( Ava was already asleep) I put him back to bed and he came out 2 minutes later to let me know that the holy ghost and his friends ( the holy ghosts Friends) were scaring him I again more forcefully put him back in bed then 30 seconds later he comes out again crying I said Andon your ok go back to bed he pointed to his pathetic tears and says but don't you see them " See what" my tears "yes" well can I stay up now (GOSH what the heck) No andon get to bed this time I thought it was a winner It was about 20 minutes I thought for sure he was asleep when Yet again I hear the door open out pops Andon with Marker all over his face Look mom Now i can't go to bed Man I love being a mom good luck tomorrow I guess

2 comments:

Cram Family said...

What a smart kid that is way to funny!! I'm glad my kids haven't figured that one out yet!! Love ya Guys.

Unknown said...

Oh MY Heck Britt!! That is so funny. The Holy Ghost thing is so funny. Kaylee is the opposite in her nightly prayers we have to say please bless the Holy Ghost will be here to comfort Kaylee and keep her from having bad dreams.

Today she asked us if when we are downstairs alone if we get a scared feeling. I said no not really and she said I do. I get this feeling like Heffalumps and Woozles are going to come and get me. It was so cute. So tomorrow I am photoshopping a picture of her being chased my Heffalumps and Woozles on our blog with that story.

She also cried the whole 15 minutes to church because she cant wait till she is older to get married in the temple. She wants to do it now. She then walked into primary crying and when the primary pres asked her what was wrong she pointed out that I wont let her go get married in the temple yet. Im such a mean mom!!

I love you Britt!!